- 1.11 Essential Steps to Launching Your Online Business
- 2.6 Essential Tips for Choosing the Right Web Host for Your Business
- 3.Choosing a Web Platform for Your Business: Blogging, Ecommerce & More
- 4.9 Free Web Design Tools Every Business Owner Should Know About
- 5.9 Ways to Keep your WordPress Site Secure from Hackers (How-to Guides)
We’ve been sending you the 11 Essential Steps to Launching Your Online Business and today’s topic is focused on the actual design of web design. The fun stuff. There’s only so far you can get with your web design without tackling photography, icons, typography and your website’s color palette.
Before you dive in, consider the following FREE resources. (pssst…. be sure to join the Digital Dame Collective by signing up for our emails to be the first to know when our new posts go live)!
Looking for general inspiration for unique web design layouts? The Awwwards features some of the most innovative and creative websites on the Internet
Free Stock Photography Websites
Our top three favorites:
- Death to the Stock Photo – a monthly email subscription that delivers beautiful, free-for-use stock photos to your inbox. Premium services are also available.
- Unsplash – arguably the most popular free stock photography website. The photos can be uploaded under the Creative Commons Public Domain License.
- Gratisography – this collection of free high-res photos by Ryan McGuire offer high-contrast and sometimes zany options for your brand’s website.
Color Palette Inspiration
Your color palette matters. Remember, less is more! For color inspiration:
- Adobe Kuler – Build your own color palette with interactive palettes that can be exported for web and print use
- Color Collective – blogger Lauren Wager has been publishing inspiration color palettes since 2010
- Google’s Free Material Design Icons – a few years ago Google released 750 free, well-designed, and completely covered under a CC-BY-SA Creative Commons license. If your web design theme doesn’t have icons available, download Google’s icons as a backup.
Free Music & Sound Effects
- YouTube’s Audio Library – offering free music that can be used by anyone, in any video, regardless if it will be published on Youtube or not.
- Typekit partners with the world’s leading type foundries to bring thousands of beautiful fonts to designers every day. Download the free WordPress plugin to implement custom fonts on your site, which is free for one website.
Are your struggling to launch your online business?
Build and launch your online business with the Digital Dames at one of our hands-on workshops!
If you’re serious about finally launching your online business, join us for our TECH BOOT CAMP FOR BOSSES where you’ll build and launch your online business in 2 days! Get hands-on, personalized instruction to launch your website, get professional headshots, learn the secrets of digital marketing and meet like-minded lean entrepreneurs.